Thursday, September 8, 2016

Blog Plans

  I struggle with where I want to take this blog. On the outset, I had the vision that this blog would serve as a place of scholarly historical discourse in which I would publish nothing but well-researched discourse on the ideals of history and its rulers. I would create a running bibliography page that would correspond with the footnotes in every post from that month or year, depending on the realities of my publishing timetable. Sometimes, the bibliography pages would be filled quickly and a new one made to hold the more recent collection of bibliographical notation.
  However, as you can see, that vision has yet to come to fruition with no real possibility of arriving there as I spend my time working through endless amounts of schoolwork which, quite disappointingly, comes entirely from classes outside of the realm of history. Yep, I have not posted because I am busy.
  Some of the struggles to post have come from a changed focus, also. I recently found myself interested in attempting to get some of my writings posted in the Metonym, the literary journal at my school. And, along with it, my interests in posting historical writings have begun to change. I have interests within the realms of both poetry and prose that have expanded my desires into realms outside of the historical. I still want to publish a biography some day, but have a desire to do something more than just write about history for the sake of history. I want to write something that someone is going to enjoy and not something that someone is going to cite in a paper and forget.
  In addition to learning about the Metonym, I have also been searching for thoughts on the top modern historians of recent time and have found that there really are no preeminent historians currently. There are no people that are making waves and are publishing books that are changing the way in which we see history. There are no Stephen Hawkings of the History world. I struggle with that, with the declaration that there is no one who is considered the preeminent mid in the world of History. Why do I struggle? I struggle for fear that history will fall to the wayside as people begin to pick and choose the examples of mistreatment and oppression from the collection of very positive moments within our history.
  The point of writing this is to say that I may begin publishing creative writings on here. I do believe that there will be many times when I publish scholarly historical work on here, but it will definitely be varied.

No comments:

Post a Comment